[oletrucks] 57 ignition removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 ignition removal
From: "Jill Knake" <jillknake@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:02:24 -0500
We found out how to remove the ignition switch. The local junkyard guys
steered us straight. You can un-screw the switch bezel but it won't slip
over the key part.  With the ignition in the off position, insert a stiff
wire in the upper hole, there are 2 holes. Depress the indent catch and turn
the switch towards the "more" off position. This will release the tumbler
from the ignition switch. With the tumbler out, remove the bezel and the
switch comes out.
I am excited that I am able to give you guys a tip.
Jill
1957 "basket case"