Re: [oletrucks] starting up after it's been sitting

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] starting up after it's been sitting
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:57:44 -0600
I would add something myself here -- before starting the truck,
thoroughly check the entire vehicle for hornet's nests.  I found and
destroyed three today.  Details at http://54peanut.blogspot.com --
along with how I got my truck running again, if only for a few seconds.

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 09:21  am, tim wrote:
> Well, I may be about ready to start Peanut back up tonight, after many
> months of dinking around with the fuel system (see
> http://54peanut.blogspot.com for my wordy chronicle of that saga).  Do
> I need to do something special before starting the engine, like crank
> it without the spark plugs in to spread the oil around?  I've already
> recharged the battery, changed the oil, and flushed and re-filled the
> radiator.

Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup "Peanut"
1954 Chevy 3100 Panel "Being paid for"