Re: [oletrucks] Fwd: '57 Suburban Ambulance For Sale

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fwd: '57 Suburban Ambulance For Sale
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:20:28 -0700
>>> There is a small car lot that is near my work and
>>> this ambulance is being
>>> sold as a favor by the owner.  It was originally
>>> issued to the LA Fire
>>> Department in 1957 as a rescue squad and as far as I
>>> can tell,  it is a
>>> stretched Suburban with a little bit of coach work.

Neat truck!

But it's not a Suburban, it's a long wheelbase panel truck, with a side
door and quarter windows added.  The model 3805 panel truck was quite a
bit longer than the short wheelbase Suburbans, and the Suburbans had
larger side glass that looked good.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!