Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments

To: "JOE GARCIA" <joegarcia1@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] advice on rust treatments
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:12:08 -0700
I'm pretty conservative, Joe, but I'm interested to see what can be done.
I'm mainly interested in a pretty stock look, but open to modest changes
(When I find a truck!). One project I'm still thinking abt, is putting
tandem drive axles on the pick up with the Cummins diesel . This is to
better tow a fifth wheel travel trailer. Really needed? No. But I'd be the
only 66 yr old kid on my block with one!! A gent in OK makes Dana 70-80
tandem axles for abt $3000-4000. And I know a gent who would probably
install them for a little over cost, because he's thinking of doing a
similar conversion.  Bob K in PHX, AZ.