Re: [oletrucks] Bottom of cab/ POR-15 & air grinder

To: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bottom of cab/ POR-15 & air grinder
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:35:00 -0400 (EDT)
> I can attest to the usefulness of the plastic wrap -- I have a gallon
> can of POR-15 that I sealed with plastic wrap.  It also helps you get
> the can back open -- otherwise it could seal itself shut.

I use a plastic glove. Top comes off very easily, since there are two
layers of plastic. We can keep a can of it around for a reasonable amount
of time after being opened... so far we have one that's about a year and a
half old - it's just a little thick, but still very usable.

Before learning the trick, I had one seal up on me. The lip on the cover
bent over rather than pulling the lid off. So I got some vice grips and
actually pulled the lip out, so that it was inverted - sticking out rather
than down into the can as it should be. I can't get it close by and really
wanted to use it that night... so I got a good grip on the can (I forget
how I did it) and gave a good pull with a good grip on the cover, and the
metal on the lip of the can started to tear. The POR between the cover and
the lip still hadn't let go.

Okay, I'll spare you the rest of my POR stories. :) Just consider yourself
warned - put plastic on that lid! :)

Rich
'54 3100
'50 3100