Re: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end and 72 Engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1968 C-10 rear end and 72 Engine
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:50:06 -0500
I just happen to have a 71 GMC 1500-3500 factory service manual from
my dad's old truck.

In 1971, it states that all GMC's in this series had disk brakes
in front.  Though I can't confirm it specifically, all of the front
brake pictures show five lugs.  All the rear brake pictures show
six lugs.  Go figure.  Don't know if GMC's and Chevy's were the same
in these years.

The 71 manual covers 250 CI I 6's, 307, 350, and 402 V8's.

For trannys, it lists a 4 speed manual, Power Flow, 350, and 400
Transmission.  No mention of which engines went with which trannies.

Bruce K
Mt. Iron, MN

At Wednesday, 23 July 2003, you wrote:

>I don't think the C-10 or any Chevy truck had 5 lug until 1972...
>   Rick

Also do