Re: [oletrucks] Help with Hinges

To: IDPHR@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help with Hinges
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:01:35 EDT
Hello Steve,

Sorry to hear about the brake problem. My "51 pickup hinges are getting a
little loose in their old age, so I have been keeping my eye open for
replacements.

I have a note, probably from some Oletruckers but I am not sure, that both
Brothers and Truck Shop, in Orange, CA (http://www.truckandcarshop.com) carry
copies of original hinges. My note says the later is less cost than the former.
I've not investigated this info.

I also ran across an interesting article on Classic Truck Shop's web site
(http://www.classictruckshop.com/door_hinge.asp) which describes how to rebuild
hinges. The advantage of rebuilding, to me, is that bronze bushings can be
installed to take future wear, so 50 years from now I won't be doing the same
project all over again. It also gives an excuse/reason to invest in a powder
coating system. Like they say, "Any job, large or small, do it right or not at
all." (I use that a lot when my bride asks me how long it will take me to
finish a
simple remodeling job around the house.)

Regards and happy hinge rebuilding, powder coating, shop expanding, and
explaining to spouse.

Culver Adams
1931 Chevy coupe
1951 Chevy 3100, with a slight hinge rattle.
---
In a message dated 7/25/03 9:39:34 AM Central Daylight Time, IDPHR@aol.com