Re: [oletrucks] Fw: eng swaps..

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: eng swaps..
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:06:28 -0700
I talked to a guy at an ATHS truck show in Brooks Oregon a couple of years
ago. He had a 1957 GMC 370 LCF. He put a Cummins 5.9 L diesel in it. He got
the engine for free (I think)  from an old manure spreader!! I think he's in
the Yakima area. I'll probably end up with a 292 . I'll look for the casting
number that says it's a GMC, but I'll end up getting whatever 292 comes
along. I'd like to keep an inline 6. And I think I can rebuild the 292
myself. I believe the 292 should bolt right up to the 700 R4. The Cadillac
500 would be a great engine. I remember somebody putting one in a Scout II.
But he put it right in, with no repair work. You can't beat the Chevy V8's
for power per dollar.  Bob