[oletrucks] Modern Drive Trains

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Modern Drive Trains
From: "Dane Bruce" <nochay@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:57:18 -0700
Hey guys,

After lurking around, and watching all the posts, It's time to get down
to business :-) I have noticed you gals/guys talking about donor cars,
etc, and have some questions.

My mom owns a 1959 Chevrolet Apache Longbed Fleetside. It has a 283 V8,
Manual Trans. What would be a good Modern Drivetrain choice for this
truck? She is leaning towards a 350 V8, and a Automatic. What kind of
donor car should we use? Also, what rear end would she want? She wants
to beef up the truck a little, so it purrs nicely, and has some balls at
the pedal, but is not looking to have a race truck. The truck is
completely stock, no modifications. We have a good parts yard here, so
that isn't a problem, as it is mostly 80's cars. Is there a fuel
injected 350, or is there only a 350 carb version? Interested in hearing
everyone's replies!!!

Dane