[oletrucks] Wheel Problem

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wheel Problem
From: "C & B Hosang" <hosang@281.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:11:25 -0500
I am relatively new to this site, and I have a problem with the wheels
interfering with the tie rod ends on my '51 Chevy 3/4 ton.  The problem and
history are detailed on page 26 of the Oct 2003 issue of Vintage Truck
magazine.

What it doesn't say is that the advice to scrap out the split rims came from
the only tire shop in the area that will work with them.  Based on that, I
would like to stay away from split rims, and stick with the Ford wheels if at
all possible.  Wayne gave me some general advice, but I would like to
communicate directly with someone who had the problem, and solved it. Also,
how much clearance between the tie rod end and the wheel is enough?

Secondly, I hope to start assembly of the box shortly.  Is there a preferred
sequence of assembly?  Is it better to do on the truck or separately?

Any help would be appreciated.

Charley Hosang    Texas
'51 Chev 3/4 ton
'29 Ford Tudor