Re: [oletrucks] Thanks For everyones help with the title

To: PWeee@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Thanks For everyones help with the title
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting note on titles....

I made sure to get the title work settled on my Chevy TF Suburban when I bought
it
(1996?).  TN has a slot for the VIN, but there is no mention of engine number,
type, or
even the existence of an engine...I would guess they don't even have to have an
engine
to get a title.

There were two young ladies working the DMV counter that day.  One of them got
a real
confused look over the 1958 date of the vehicle (as in...did they really make
cars back
that far?)...the other one mentioned that is was a "classic/antique" at which
point they
both treated it like they were handling paperwork for a national treasure...

No problems at all from the TN govt.  Now my neighbors, that's another
story...I'd move
except I was here first before all of them...

Mark Noakes