[oletrucks] Sotty non list - Chevy 2.8 V6 cyl layout help needed

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Sotty non list - Chevy 2.8 V6 cyl layout help needed
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:56:10 -0500
Sorry that this isn't really list related but I figure somebody out
there would know - besides I need to get this car running before I go
back to work on my '51 3100.  What is the cylinder layout on a front
wheel drive Chevy 2.8 liter V6?  When I stand in front of the car facing
the open hood is it (from left to right) 2, 4 & 6 and on the firewall
side 1, 3, & 5?  I've got an '89 Bereta GT that I recently picked up for
my daughter (who is about to turn 15).  It had been sitting a year or so
after overheating and the guy who had it had taken off two of the three
coil packs and the front three plug wires leaving just one of the rear
wires connected.  I've got a factory service manual but it doesn't show
something as mundane as cylinder layout and most of my experience is
with rear wheel drive cars.  Also does anyone know how to test the
ignition coils?  I figured there would be some sort of resistance
measurement you could make but the factory manual essentially says to
just swap the coils that you think might be bad with one of the ones
that you know is good and see what happens.  I picked up a couple of
coil packs on eB** and while they are all supposed to be good it would
be nice to test them since I am trying to get the car started.  Thanks!

Kevin Brown  '49 3600 wrecker  '51 3100