Re: [oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Garage Floor Epoxy (no truck)
From: Devin Ranger <devin_ranger@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:29:42 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy Jim.  This doesn't exactly answer your question
-- and you have hopefully already addressed this --
but here is something that you may wish to consider.

I have done a little reading on this subject.  The one
thing that is preventing me from applying epoxy is the
apparent absence of a vapor barrier under my slab.
Moisture comes UP through the concrete which would
inevitably cause an early break down in the bond
between the epoxy and the concrete.  A minimum of two
months cure time is ideal (if you can wait that long).

I don't really know what the SOP is for pouring a slab
these days.  Plastic barriers have been in use for
years but I don't know that it is "code."

Of course all of this will vary depending upon weather
conditions.  The rainfall here is one of the highest
in the state.  And despite a deep French drain
encircling the house, I still get moisture rising
through the slab during wet months.

Keep us posted on your progress (post photos to your
site).  Good luck and take care,

-D

> dcvjrv@covad.net wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys and Gals,
> >
> > I am in the process of adding another garage to
> the house and it will be
> > used to house the old truck and cars.
> >
> > I would like to apply an epoxy of some kind to the
> floor and was wondering
> > if anyone on the list has had any experience or
> suggestions on what would
> > be the most durable.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Jim V.
> > 1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) -
> V8 Hydramatic
> > http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
> > dcvjrv@covad.net
> > oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

=====
Drew
http://www.norselander.com