[oletrucks] Rear Main Seal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Main Seal
From: Kenangler2@cs.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:37:59 EDT
Help!

Trying to replace the rear main seal on a '53, 235.  I've been told that this
can be done without pulling the engine by removing the rear bearing cap to
replace the lower seal and loosening the remaining caps so the crankshaft will
drop down slightly to give access to the upper part of the seal.  Won' t I also
have to pull the transmission?  Seems to me that there would be any play in
the crank if the transmission is still attached?  I've got the little tool that
is supposed to help snake the seal through the upper groove but it still
looks like it's going to be quite a feat!  Any help would be appreciated.

Thx  Ken