[oletrucks] Would like opinions on rear suspensions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Would like opinions on rear suspensions
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:41:35 -0500
List Members:
I have a '56 1/2 ton pickup with stock front and rear suspension.
Everything is working fine, but I'd like to upgrade to an IFS and newer rear
axle.  I've already decided on an IFS but I haven't selected a rear axle
yet.  My truck is a fair weather driver and not a hot rod.

My question is this.  I'd like the vehicle to handle and ride much better
than today.  I've done some research into 4-link rear suspensions and
replacement rear springs for lowered and smoother ride.  I don't want air
springs, and I may just decide to leave the original 6-leaf springs in place
and install the newer axle.  I'd like to hear opinions or experiences others
have had with changing or leaving the rear suspension alone.

Reply off-list if you'd like to the_hams@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com