[oletrucks] Stock Parking Brake - Help!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Stock Parking Brake - Help!
From: "Thomas, Robert" <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:36:51 -0700
The stock parking brake no longer locks when I depress the pedal.
Since I often park on an incline, that creates certain problems.  So, I
have questions:

1.    Is there a way to adjust the parking brake latching mechanism
itself?  (I have adjusted the cables)
2.    Is there a way to refurbish the parking brake latching mechanism?
I am not a machinist nor do I have access to a machine shop.  I have
simple hand tools at this time, and a little patience.
3.    Is there an after market source for "unworn" parking brake parts?
4.    If there is no answer to the first 3 questions, then is there a
way I can adapt a later ratchet-style parking brake assembly to pull the
stock cables.  I saw a recent article on an installation of more recent
parking brake assemblies in the 55-2 through 59 trucks, but have not
seen such for the AD trucks.

Any help is appreciated.

Robert Thomas