[oletrucks] Heater Question

Subject: [oletrucks] Heater Question
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:32:17 -0800
All this talk about how cold it is half way across the country made me think
of my heater situation.

My '54 has no heater at all.  My '55 1st has a standard heater that appears to
have been installed as a replacement for a deluxe heater.  My '47 has a deluxe
heater.

I want to fully understand how the '47 Deluxe heater is different than a '54
or '55 1st Deluxe heater.  Can I put that '47 heater in one of the other
trucks?  I know the controls are a little different, and don't mind planning
to use the earlier controls, but are there other issues I should know about?

And the '47 and '54 are both Chevys, I think if I change anything the heater
would go in the '55 1st GMC, so are there also any differences that would
affect my plan?

For clarity, I don't care about originality, I'm concerned about things that
have to be modified to work.  I drive the GMC most every day, and any
improvement to the heater/defroster (its really the defrost that's most
important here in Washington) would be welcome.  My eventual plan is an
aftermarket air conditioning/heater system, but that is behind a lot of other
projects in the time and money prioritization.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com