Re: [oletrucks] wiring

To: Markegates@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] wiring
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:29:34 -0500
Most leads on modern equipment i.e. stereos have a fuse installed on the
power line so they will be fused. Its a simple task to put an inline fuse
in all powered accessories. If not mistaken I believe all the power runs
through the headlight switch so if any short occurs, it'll blow the fuse in
the headlight switch.
Kinda crude but it does serve the purpose, of course the ideal situation
would be to have a nice fuse panel to protect individual circuits such as
power windows  and what not.
  Been in sunny california for about a week now and still a week to go, the
shop with my replacement rear end will be completed by the time I get back
so maybe I can get my truck back on the road after the pinion bearing came
all apart a few weeks ago. The guys here would love to have some of that
snow fall to take care of all the fires that has been running rampant
lately..    Feel so sad for these folks as the local news carries much more
than the national services, what makes it worse is that one of the largest
fires, they think, was started by arsenist.  --wayne