Re: [oletrucks] Changing your REAR END GEAR RATIO on 47-53

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Changing your REAR END GEAR RATIO on 47-53
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:41:05 -0600
OK Tom,

      Please do tell us more.  I like the idea of keeping most of the
original rearend, but changing the gears.  What has this gear change done
to your low end torque and top speed? Can you hit 70 on the interstate and
still have a happy motor?

BobK
51 3600 5-window (in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      Tom3600@webtv.net

                      (Toms OLTRUK49)            To:       Tom3600@webtv.net,
twelveport@mchsi.com,
                      Sent by:                    bowtiebits@msn.com,
ocradicic@hotmail.com,
                      owner-oletrucks@aut         oletrucks@autox.team.net,
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
                      ox.team.net                cc:

                                                 Subject:  [oletrucks] Changing
your REAR END GEAR RATIO on
                                                  47-53 Chevy/GMC 3/4 ton

                      10/30/2003 04:40 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Tom3600

Hi Everybody ~

Well, after many months of contemplating my naval and stalling around I
FINALLY got my stock 3/4 ton 4.57 rearend gears replaced with 4.10
gears.   It really makes a difference in the low gear and the 5th gear
in my S10 T5 tranny.  I am sure that all you guys with 4.57 gear 3/4 ton
pickups will appreciate the "slight" but actually significant difference
in performance.  Especially for you "stockers" because this switch is
undetectable with the naked judges eye.  HeHe

Check it out at:
http://community-2.webtv.net/Tom3600/REARENDGEAR/

Tom
http://community-2.webtv.net/Tom3600/REARENDGEAR/