RE: [oletrucks] Old or new steering column

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Old or new steering column
From: "Joseph Garcia" <joe_garcia@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:08:37 -0800
You will need a Borgeson Universal joint for the IFS "box or rack" and more
than likely a support bearing "heim joint" with another Borgeson and the a
Borgeson for the column.  The reason I say 3 Borgeson joints is because you
more than likely will have to go around the header.  A lower column to toe
board support will be required.  The column will need to be cut "say down
by the box and then you can cut the outer column housing back a few inches
to expose some of the inner shaft which will require that Borgeson joint.
RB's sells a fancy bearing support for the lower part of the column to
support the inner column shaft in the stock column........they call it "the
column saver" or something like that.

Joe

Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>