Re: [oletrucks] S10 4X4 Frame

To: zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] S10 4X4 Frame
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:42:09 EST
In a message dated 12/18/03 7:43:44 AM Central Standard Time,
zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com writes:

> If it's the long wheelbase S10 it shoud be correct. It is for my '59. I've
> been debating it myself.

  Either you mismeasured, or I did. I measured one, considering that option
for my '58. If I remember right, it was about 3-4 inches off.
 You could make it work, by moving the spring mounts, and notching the frame,
but I didn't want to do all that. Of course, you'll have to redo all the body
mounts too. I my opinion, as Mr. Perry would say, it was going to end up too
"hacked up."
  With a little imagination, time, and a good welder, you can make about
anything work.
         Good Luck with your project,
Pat Hollister
'58 step