Re: [oletrucks] Insurance

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Insurance
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:51:57 -0800
Another thought if its helpful:  I just found/joined this list however I've
been active the past couple of years in a list devoted to preserving
military vehicles.  It seems the insurance companies who service MV's also
like hot rods.  Perhaps in both cases the owners put enough time, money and
effort into the vehicles that they aren't likely to do really stupid things
with them?
The ONLY agency I could find in the entire United States which would accept
my converted Deuce which is fenced but not garaged was Gulfway Insurance,
located somewhere in Florida I believe.  Their number is (800)
940-5010.  They also can provide coverage for tanks and amphibious
vehicles, and I'm pretty sure they handle custom cars.
The nice thing about them was they don't have a check list like JC Taylor
or Hagerty, or their list is FAR less restrictive.

           Paul
           '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
           '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton
           www.paulathomas.com/images

           Sorry: only static images for now, and none yet of the Chevy,
which is what I joined this list for.  <g>  I pulled the fender last week
and am having it pounded out... then perhaps a rusty photo or two.  BTW: if
anyone is still reading, I believe I need to find ' clutch head ' wrenches
or sockets. The Chevy is lousy with them.  Would I need to contact a
specialty tool company to find a set of them?  A search at Snap On resulted
in this

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro.asp?tool=all&Group_ID=161&Group_Name=Clutch+%2F+Standard%2C+chrome&Sub_Cat_ID=2024180&Sub_Cat_Name=Socket+Drivers&Cat_ID=2024017&Cat_NAME=1%2F4%22+Drive&store=snapon-store

      Are these three ( 3/16th, 1/4, 5/32's ) the only sizes I'll need for
this pretty darned stock '53 Chevy?

         Thanks!

             Paul