[oletrucks] AD Truck at Bonneville - 140 mph+!!!

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Truck at Bonneville - 140 mph+!!!
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:40:15 -0600
In my latest issue of Hot Rod magazine that I received today there are
some articles on the most recent lend speed runs at the Bonneville salt
flats and in one there is a picture of a "Barn Fresh" AD half ton pickup
that they said ran 140 mph + with an inline 6 motor.  The body looks
completely original down to having what looks like original paint on
it.  The only aerodynamic modification that I can see are full disc
wheel covers.  Not sure of the year but it looks like a 52 or 53 since
it has vent windows and what looks like push button door handles.  No
other details on the truck though the class that it ran in was for pre
'58 vehicles with modified cylinder heads.  Does anybody know any
details about this truck?

Take care and Happy New Year!!

Kevin Brown
'49 Chevy 3600 wrecker and '51 3100