Re: [oletrucks] routing heat hose on a SBC.

To: bigfred@unm.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] routing heat hose on a SBC.
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:41:52 -0500
I've seen the hoses routed underneath the current alternator bracket you
have but its a tight fit..
I have one of these long curved alternator brackets on my 327, it does bolt
to the water pump as the long curve part allows for belt tightening. There
is a stationary part (sold separately) to this setup that mounts to a
couple of the bolts holding the exhaust manifold or headers on to allow for
swing while tightening. Here is a link to a photo of my engine, its from
the passenger side but it shows how it will look after installed. These are
generally used with early style heads that don't have mounting holes
drilled to accommodate the alternator mount style that you currently have.
Here's the link..   http://chevytrucks.org/wayne/neweng.jpg
its a low res photo so can't see a bunch of detail but the concept is still
there.
    --wayne