Re: [oletrucks] OFF TOPIC : Cad engine

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OFF TOPIC : Cad engine
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:44:47 -0800
On 2/25/04 6:21 PM, "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I apologize for going off topic but thought you could help and it is a
> problem relating to a cousin of our pickups.
>
> My neighbor just bought a project car.  Might be his first since high
> school auto shoppe.   It's a huge Caddy which was lowered a bit, all
> exterior door hardware removed so that you have to open the doors
> electronically ( I'm not sure if I like this or not: but the door panels
> are smooooooth  :} )

(snip)

If it's not already there, install a mechanical pull inside one of your
doors. Run it up to the firewall (assuming the doors are not suicided),
hopefully to a place where you can reach from the wheel well. I've heard of
people using old choke cables for this.

This will save you headaches when your battery dies.

I've been pleased with my shaved handles. The solenoids work great and have
never caused me problems. Make sure you inspect the way your system works. I
just run solenoids to actuate the door latch. My window pressure pushes the
door out when I release the latch (i.e. Press the button). Some cars do not
have this pressure on the door. If that is the case one needs to install a
'popper' a little device to pop the door out once the release is actuated.
Take a good look at how it's set up so you know where to look for problems
if it fails to work!

- Ryan