[oletrucks] Hub Cap Problem

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hub Cap Problem
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:00:38 -0500
Hey Y'all,

I just put my new wheels on and am having a problem with the hub caps. They
don't seem to fit. I'm probably doing something wrong so here I am. 3/4 of the
diameter of the hub cap wants to go inside the diameter of the center of the
wheel but the rest does not want to squeeze in or be tapped in. I was told, of
course, that they would fit without a problem but we all know words are cheap.
My rim is 16", 8 bolt, 6.5" lug spacing. My cap is a repro 3/4 ton for 47-53
Chevy/GMC. I hate to hit it hard for fear of making a dent. Should I mildly
grind down the inner diameter of the wheel? I have heard of hub cap clips but
can't see how they would work in such a tight fit. Any help would be
appreciated. Here's a link to a pic.
http://www.itswhatsnext.com/ifs/wheels4.jpg

Thanks very much.

Wayne '47 Chevy Panel -  http://www.itswhatsnext.com/engine/47_chevy_home.htm