[oletrucks] Diff Cover Stopleak

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Diff Cover Stopleak
From: ANelson43@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:54:10 EST
Members:

I have just replaced a third member (original) gasket, in the process of
cleaning up the underside of my 57 truck.  But now it leaks.  I drained all the
gear oil out and coated the three bottom bolts w/"blue" stuff, stopping one
leak, but not the other (bottom bolt area).
It appears the leak is coming from around the bolt, but I cannot really tell
for certain.  Would you suggest that I take the cover off and double gasket,
ample "blue" sealer and replace cover, torque bolts, etc...

Would value any experience in this area...been there - done that - etc.

Thanks.....Andy