[oletrucks] 59 GMC exhaust help requested

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 GMC exhaust help requested
From: "Eric StPhillips" <inventor@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:26:24 -0500
Hello All,
Can anyone with a 55-59 GMC running the original inline six and exhaust system
please help with a few questions.
I have a long box fleetside 59 and I want to replace the exhaust system with
as close to original components as possible. I have none of the original
system from the manifold back so I'd like to know the proper exhaust routing,
hanger type and location. What is the outside diameter of the muffler shell,
how long is it, and what are the in/out pipe diameters and are they centered
or offset on the muffler. The used exhaust manifold I purchased seems to
require a flat triangular seal and needs three studs, what does the exhaust
pipe head look like and how does it connect to the manifold...i.e slip
coupling, welded head?? Lastly what are sources, if any, for exhaust parts.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Eric StPhillips