[oletrucks] transmission stuff

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] transmission stuff
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:52:08 -0800
Last year I swapped a 327/granny from a 66 1/2 ton into my 57 in place of the
original 235/granny4.  The trans doesn't shift very well, synchros are worn,
so I picked up a granny 4 out of a 79 3/4 ton the other day.  It appears to be
the same, with the exception of an added mount on the back.  I pulled the
cover and all looks good inside, but I'm wondering about the shifter handle.
I would like to use the handle off of the one in my truck now.  Question is,
how do I remove it?  There's a pin at the outside of the case, if I drive out
that pin, will the handle come free, or do I need to take apart the shift
linkage on the inside of the case?

Thanks,

Devin

57 3100