[oletrucks] Re: Rear end gear ratios

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Rear end gear ratios
From: Ed Miller <enigmaT120@highstream.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:09:17 -0800
I haven't heard of those gears for our trucks; my flyer shows 3.70 as an
option for '58, with the 3.90 as standard.

The standard tires were 6.70 - 15/4PR and the "Maximum" was 7-17.5/6PR.
I have no idea what those correspond to in our modern tire sizes, but I
think the 15 and the 17.5 are the wheel sizes.  I don't know if a 16 was
included in the range or not; mine are from a late model 4WD.

With your 350 and a set of 3:38 gears if you can find them, you truck
will fly.  How are your brakes?  :-)
Ed Miller