Re: [oletrucks] Seat for 1950 AD truck

To: Mikecdk@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Seat for 1950 AD truck
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:34:19 EST
  Mike and others, I'm not sure how tall they are compared to a stock AD
seat, so I don't know that these will cure your problem. But for those who are
wanting a new seat and have a shoulder harness too, I have found an answer for
you. I just bought a 2000 GMC, and it has bucket seats in it, with the shoulder
harness built into the back of the seat. These would work perfect in any of
our ole trucks. My 2000 has a console between the seats, but a guy could make
one any size to fit their truck, or build a box and cover it with fabric if you
want a middle seat.
 I personally hate to wear seatbelts, cause I hate having that shoulder strap
rubbing against my neck. These seats, with the shoulder belt in the back of
the seat, is the first one I've found that I like wearing the seat belts. The
shoulder strap comes over your shoulder, and not your neck like most do.

  I'm not sure what all years have this style of seat, but start hitting the
junk yards, I'm sure there is some newer trucks, that have been wrecked, and
you could get the seats out of it.

      Good Luck,

Pat Hollister
'58 step