[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] oil

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] oil
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:51:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/15/2004 5:54:16 PM Central Standard Time,
zigga50@att.net writes:
I have just finished rebuilding my first engine and am close to test firing
it . I just added 5 quarts of oil  and was wondering since its the first time
to add oil and everything is empty like the filter and lines if I should add
more oil, I used 10w-30 should i use something lighter for the break in period?

Pull the distributor and use an old long common screwdriver chucked in your
drill to spin (clockwise) the oil pump until pressure registers on the gauge or
the rockers spit oil.  Then put the distro back in and fire it up.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX