Re: [oletrucks] mover recommendations

To: omahamail@fastmail.fm, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] mover recommendations
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:42:49 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/04 4:47:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
ppm@accesscomm.ca writes:

> Put your stuff in a heavy duty garbage bag after lids are well tightened,
> place in strong cardboard box, put in truck box corner, secure with bungee
> cords or whatever and ship with truck..........

       If you do this, and there is a fire in the semi moving trailer, you
will not only lose all your household items, (at your expense, insurance won't
cover it if you "hide"any chemicals), but you could also be liable for the
semi, and the toxic clean up.. This time of year it gets VERY hot in those
trailers. To me, the cost of replacing some paints, and thinners, isn't worth
the
chance.
   Any of the major name van lines can ship your car, truck, and furniture
all in one truck. Make sure you tell the moving company that you want your
autos
hauled with an enclosed trailer. Some have a fleet of car carriers, that haul
your pride and joy out in the elements. I was a driver for Allied Van Lines
for 15 years, and have hauled many cars, trucks, boats, and one John Deere
tractor. Only damage was 1 dead battery, (left the key on for 6 days.....opps)
Good Luck.

   P.S.  Don't forget to fill your gas tanks before you have them shipped.
It's safer that way.
Pat Hollister
'58 step
West Burlington, IA.