[oletrucks] Chevy Duty Transmission Crossmember for my 57 3100

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevy Duty Transmission Crossmember for my 57 3100
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:22:49 -0500
Hey all!

I am in the process of installing a 350/350 combo in my 57 chevy 1/2 ton, and
am a bit confused as to how to install the crossmembers.  I think I have the
V8 Crossmember in place using the flat brackets that came with the
crossmember...Can anyone tell me a good way to determine where to position the
crossmember for this conversion?

I also purchased the transmission crossmember from Chevy Duty.  It came with
an "L" shaped bracket, and the tube is too long to fit inside the frame with
the brackets on it.  The only way it seems to fit is if I bolt it to the
bottom of the frame rail.  Is there a trick to installing the transmission
crossmember, and are there any other modifications needed to the existing
crossmember on the frame to install the tranny?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Mike