Re: [oletrucks] King Pin Locking Pin

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] King Pin Locking Pin
From: Ed Miller <enigmaT120@highstream.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:01:53 -0700
Lots of interesting posts today, but yours is the only one I saw with no
answer (I'm in Digest mode, not just because I'm full of spaghetti)....
I'm not sure I understand what sheared; is the nut just broken off?
Harbor Freight sells a nice set of drifts, steel, pretty cheap.  I love
mine.  I also have a brass drift for softer metals but I don't see it's
application in your situation.  I would guess a drift with a tip
slightly smaller in diameter than the locking pin, and pound the locking
pin out.  Even with it out of the way, the king pin can be a real pain
to remove.
...save your old pin to use as a very strong drift.

I feel like I'm not understanding your situation right; please fix me up!
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside