[oletrucks] Re: harmonic balancer 250

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: harmonic balancer 250
From: Brad Self <brad_self@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:55:01 -0700
Greetings list members,

Why in the world would a harmonic balancer on a late 60's 250 L6 walk
of its key?  Anybody had any luck pounding one of these back on
without the special contraption shown in the factory service manual?
(page 6-29 of my '63 shop manual.)

On a less urgent note: what might the direct difficulties be mounting
a tri-5 cab to a '63-'66 frame.  Unless it's completely impossible I
might be interested in doing just exactly that, to gain the
independent front suspension on a '55 1/2 ton sb ss.  I'm guessing it
would at least be about the steering column as it goes through the
inner fender of the '55-'57 cab and perhaps the cab mount locations.
I'll order a '56 shop manual here pretty soon but wanted to know if
list members register this idea as ludicrous or clever.

rgrds,
Brad
'64 C10
'56 4100 flatbed