[oletrucks] Re: h. balancer 250 + track bar query

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: h. balancer 250 + track bar query
From: Brad Self <brad_self@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:24:23 -0700
Well, bad news first:  pulled the balancer, which just about dropped
right off after I pulled the fan.  The key had rolled in the keyway
of both the crank and the balancer hub, the crank being the worst.
The key was mangled, looked like a typical soft hardware store key.
Should this be a hardened key?  Strange news second:  the pulley had
actually creeped off the hub, towards the front of the car, a little
more than 3/16ths of an inch.  Weird.  I figure the crank can be
welded and have a new keyway machined in, but the balancer is
probably destined for the ashcan.  Who knows if the timing mark is
even in the right place anymore.

So the track bar query:  despite the unfortunate news above I
installed new rear springs and shocks on my '64.  Anybody know the
length of the stock track bar, from center of bushing to center of
bushing?  I've got a new adjustable one.

thnx,
Brad