[oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2253

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2253
From: "Charles" <clca@houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:35:46 -0500
I witnessed a first today.  We drive our trucks every day, and are quite
accustomed to having people come up and start conversations about them.
Generally we talk about the simplicity of the old days when you could
actually work on your own without an engineering degree.

Today, as we were going through a security check, one of the officers
looking over my wife's '58 Apache said he wanted no part of those old
trucks that you are constantly having to adjust the points and all
that...  Nope, he wants only the new ones.

Wow, I thought that was the cool thing about the old ones -- you CAN do
things like adjust the points.

Oh well, to each his own-

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas