[oletrucks] Noisy Lifters

To: Ayelander52@aol.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Noisy Lifters
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:02:28 EDT
Nick...I have a 70 El Camino SS 396 (402ci rebuilt "dealer replacement motor"
w/ less than 1000 miles) and I've struggled with noisy lifters...tried
everything ...adjusted the valves and the lifters many times...tried double
nutting
the valve springs...one problem we uncovered was a reduced flow of oil to the
lifters and the valve train...it just wasn't getting the proper oil
volume/pressure to the top end... We're going to pull the motor and see if we
an oil
pump, oil galley blockage or maybe even  a cam bearing problem.
Steve G.