[oletrucks] State Laws - Dontcha just love 'em!

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] State Laws - Dontcha just love 'em!
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:30:14 -0400
I went to the DOT in Florida today with pride in hand after just finishing my
GM VIN id plate and mounting it in the proper location on the door jam. I
wanted to change the title from an old engine number which is not in the truck
now to the right VIN which matches my truck and plate. They told me, since my
vehicle is prior to 1955, it has to be titled on the engine number, no
exceptions! I had the original PA title which matched my reproduction VIN
plate and truck but it did not persuade them. They even told me a guy came in
the other day with an original 1920 model T with the original title matching
the original VIN and they made him change it to an engine number VIN. And of
course this stupid law varies from state to state.

Only in America!

Wayne - 1 Ton Panel