Re: [oletrucks] New Door Rubber Seals

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Door Rubber Seals
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:13:03 -0400
K. M. Lehmann wrote:

> Good deal, good demonstration.

Thanks, Lee.

> I used an 3/4 end cutting wire brush with a 1/4 drill extension in the
> hinge area.

I wanted to go that way, but Home Depot didn't have that stuff!  Dang!
I'm SURE the hinge side would've gone a whole lot easier that way, too.

> Your Method of using screws on the window fuzzys is outstanding
> eliminating those stupid staples. I used the #4 countersunk head
> screws 3/8" long I found at the Tru-Value hardware. I am using this
> method on the Wife's Camaro, a job I had been dreading, but is a snap
> with screws.

Plus, when I do my interior and want to cover the stainless trim, I can
remove and replace the fuzzys without any hassle!
:o)

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/