[oletrucks] Windshield rubber

To: 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] Windshield rubber
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:55:53 EDT
Truckers,
  In anticipation of the windshield install on my '65 next week while my
son-in-law is in town, I installed the new rubber on the glass tonight.  What a
pain in the butt!  I had to use clamps strategically placed around the edges to
hold it in place while I worked the rest.  Anyway,
 I'm taking a survey on if I should, 1. Seal the gasket to the glass, 2. Seal
the gasket to the body or, 3. Seal both.  I never sealed my '48 since it is a
fair-weather cruiser and show truck.  My '65 is a daily driver and sits
outside all the time.  Help!  Also, if I need sealer, what brand is best and
what
is the source?

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window