RE: [oletrucks] make an alternator into a welder?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] make an alternator into a welder?
From: "Schorn, Tim" <Tim.Schorn@fortworthgov.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:27:38 -0500
Hi Guys!
  Has anyone heard of doing this, or better yet done it themselves? Maybe you
have a sketch or diagram of how I might do it. I'm thinking of using some of
that immense space under my hood to mount a bracket with a second alternator
that is run off the engine but not wired back in to the truck. How would I
convert this alternator into a "portable" welder?

  Thanks for any help you can offer!

    Tim in Ft Worth
    '50 Chev 1/2t Dlx