[oletrucks] TF Door Hinges

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Door Hinges
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:29:13 EDT
 I have a question about door hinges on the TF models. I recently purchased a
couple of used hinges. (thanks Ryan) When comparing them to what I had, I
noticed a difference. My old ones for the drivers side, did not have any spring
in the hinge, and had a nut that was spot welded to the end of the hinge
bracket, (that fits into the jamb hinge pocket) for bolting it to the jamb. I
thought I had the wrong hinges until I compared them to the ones on the
passenger
side. Those are the same as the ones I got from Ryan. I'm not 100% sure about
both of the hinges on the drivers side, as one of mine is long gone, (broke),
but the one that is left, has no spring, or even the tab for hooking the
spring,
and no metal catch piece. Why is it different? Did they make different style
hinges for different applications?
 Since it's been 4 years since my truck has had doors on it, I don't remember
exactly how the doors bolt on. Is there a nut and bolt through the end of the
bracket, to bolt it to the door jamb, on the top and bottom hinges? (total of
3 bolts per hinge?) Does the bolt go from the fender well side of the jamb,
into the hinge, or from the hinge, through the jamb, and nut on the outside?
And before one of you tell me to get one, I have already bid on a shop manual,
it just won't be here in time.

   Thanks in TFvance,

Pat Hollister
'58 step