Re: [oletrucks] milan Truck show

To: wmh678@worldnet.att.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] milan Truck show
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:50:56 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/04 9:14:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
wmh678@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Let me be the first to congratulate Pat Hollister on his first place trophy
> at
> today's show
> several other list members were in attendance

  Well, if Bill is going to ring my bell, then I get to ring his. He too,
left the show with a first place plaque, in his class. In fact, you guys will
be
proud of us, we represented Ole Trucks pretty good. We had 5 members there, 4
with trucks, and 3 left the show with first place plaques.
 Bill got first in "pre 48, modified", I got first in "unfinished", and Joe
Murphy got first in "best paint", with his "looks like new, '59 fleetside."
Carl Ham was also there with his '56, but he was in the toughest class there,
"'55 to '72 modified", and there was a ton of entries in that class. I my
opinion, Carl got something better than a plaque. Not only was he there in his
beautiful '56, but got his wife to come along and share in his hobby. A shinny
truck, and a wife that will support your interest,,,, "priceless"
 A good time was had by all. I know Bill took some pictures, maybe he can
forward some to Wayne to post.

Pat Hollister
'58 step
West Burlington, IA.