[oletrucks] Re: TF lever on firewall

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: TF lever on firewall
From: enigmaT120@highstream.net
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:37:28 -0400
I used to have a '63 Chevy with a lever like that.  It seemed to be for some
auxillary brake system, like for a trailer or something, since it was plumbed
into the brake lines and the truck had a quick disconnect fitting at the back.
I'll say up front that I don't remember any details, as that was way before I
started working on things.  I just left it alone.  You'll have to go under the
truck and see what your pedal connects to, to be sure.  Sounds like a good
mystery to me!
Have fun,
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside

while moving my truck aound this afternoon, I noticed a "pedal" type lever on
the firewall to the far left, near the vent.  I'm guessing this may be for a
pump type washer system or?  Don't see any nozzles pointed at the window.  Any
thoughts on what this may be?

Devin

57 3100