Re: [oletrucks] Head gasket

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Head gasket
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
I worked in a garage for many years, we rebuilt a lot
of engines, copper coat was definately our favorite
gasket sealant. Permatex No. 2 was our least favorite.
It did not always seal, was nasty to remove from metal
or skin and always seemed to find a way to get on your
clothes. With Permatex No. 2, the next time you remove
the head, you will need a fork truck to get it off,
even if the gasket is leaking.

Jim Nordwall
50 3100