[oletrucks] Leaking Brake Lines

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaking Brake Lines
From: "C & B Hosang" <hosang@281.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:33:06 -0600
Hello All.
A new (to me) problem has surfaced which I am at a loss to figure out a fix.
My rear brake lines leak on my '51 3600.  The fluid is leaking where the brake
line enters the fitting, not where the fitting threads into the square piece.
I have visually checked the double flare and the bottom of the female thread
hole and all looks well.

I have thought about using pipe dope, but it doesn't seem to be a logical
solution, since the treads seem to be fine, and I sure dont want to
contaminate the fluid .The fitting seems to bottom out when assembled, and I
am not able to tighten it any further without doing damage.

What is more confusing, both rears leak ( one more than the other ), the
fronts do not.  The brake lines were new as are most of the other parts in the
brake system, but  purchased and installed by the previous owner.

That is all I know.  Any ideas?

Charley Hosang