RE: [oletrucks] YOM Tag question

To: "Hanlon, Bill \(ISS Houston\)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>, Mask1966@aol.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] YOM Tag question
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:25:17 -0800 (PST)
I have lived in Illinois for a long time. I am real
sure that YOM plates are not an option. The state of
Illinois requires a front and a rear plate and I might
add the the state police are anal about you having
both displayed properly. This includes a license plate
light for the rear plate.
Be aware that once you get here, you will have the
option of licensing your truck as an antique vehicle.
I believe that the antique registration is fifty bucks
as opposed to seventy-eight for normal. With antique
plates you can only drive to shows and back. If you
get on the bad side of one of our wonderful
constables, they will look for you and catch you not
driving to a bonafied show. The fine will cost far
more than you saved.  I registered my truck as a
normal truck so that I could drive it where-ever and
when-ever I want to.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

--- "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>