[oletrucks] Cleaning Out

To: "Z OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cleaning Out
From: "Rob Butler The ToonMan" <Squatch56@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:01:41 -0800
A Tale of Driveway Cleanliness............................

                                                   Cleaning Out

        After many years of being a driveway decoration, we finally sold our
76 Toyota Celica today.  Since it was Angie's first car, and the fact that I
have 4 Trucks, 3 Utilitiy trailers, one Teardrop Style Trailer, and 3
Motorcycles, it has always been up to her if she wanted to keep it or get rid
of it.  I wasn't going to make her sell it.  In a stroke of luck, a guy
stopped by our house, made an offer, and she accepted.  The problem came when
we had to tow it to his house.  He said he would pay me to help him tow it to
his house, and I, Like a Moron, agreed.   We towed it with a chain, with me in
the Celica. He said he lived in Clackamas, but it was on the outskirts of
Clackamas......... it was in BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Half way between
Damascus and Boring. Actually)  14 Miles from my driveway to his.
     As we checked the car before leaving, (It has been sitting 15 years) we
had brakes here at the house, but by the time we hit the first cross
street......They were gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The guy towed me at 45 MPH in a car
with nothing but a tired E brake!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was insane!!!!!!  I tried to
keep the chain tight, but the E brake wouldn't cooperate!!!!  The chain would
slack up and he would hit the gas and BAM!!!!  I would get tossed around!!!  I
have big time whiplash now, and my nerves are shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't
need to go to Disneyland now.....  I had the ride of my life today!!!!   I Did
rear end him once, but it was just a tap.  The brake just wouldn't do it's
job.   When he pulled into his driveway,  I couldn't slow down enough, and ran
over the chain, then he hit the gas and jerked the Hell outa me!!!!!!  Pulled
off one of the bumper brackets, and tweaked my neck!!!!   It sure is nice to
have the car gone, and have more room in my driveway,  but I am a Basket case
tonight!!!!!!

Nervous Rob The ToonMan